Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Eagles-Long Road Out Of Eden

I am listening to the new Eagles album-Long Road Out Of Eden. Quick thoughts: "It's Your World Now" sounds like a great tune. Glen Frey on vocals always underrated. Of course, you have the political themed stuff-Henley save our world titles. I like the cover shot of the desert. Is this where we are headed "meaning?" Still sounds very tricked up with the drum machine and the fact none of these guys were in the studio at the same time recording this. They did it all on digital and emailed it to the studio and put it together. No more soul in music. I like my music in the raw with some mistakes and forgotton chords/words from time to time. Still, I love my iPod and the modern toys to play music on. This is the trade off i guess.

No comments: