Saturday, January 19, 2008

Van Halen Tickets Have Arrived!!!





Well, my tickets to Van Halen (Dallas, January 26th) arrived today. I scored a heck of a deal on ebaY with these. I have not gone to a rock concert in about 5-6 years. When I was younger, I went to them on a weekly basis. Of course, it's why my hearing was damaged and I have to say huh? more these days. A hearing aid will be forthcoming in the future. Growing older sucks (I am 39!). Anyways, my love of old school Van Halen goes all the way back to 7th grade when I first heard Fair Warning. From that point on, they were my band. The Sammy era never quite did it for me. My wife has always heard me say that Dave and Eddie would somehow, someway and someday reunite and tour once more. She would invariably roll her eyes at me and laugh. Well, look who's laughing now. I am posting some disturbing pictures of Eddie from 2006 at some weird Hollywood party. He was definitely on the pipe and not right. Now, a little over a year later he looks ten years younger and healthy as an ox. Let's hope he stays that way. At some point we all must grown older with grace, right!

No comments: